Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hows the captian doing?

So in the light of that other post i made about being more positive, i had a great day! i tried really hard to be as positive as i could. And what do you know?! i was walking this girl to her next class and when i turn to leave for my own class she calls after me and asks for my number!! Funny....that's only happened to me one other time! I stood there kinda dumbfounded then i composed myself and said "Of Course!!" i walked away from that smiling. I followed a simple prompting to stay positive and something just falls in my lap. I know i cant let this go to me head, i need to remain humble. This was purely on of gods tender mercy.  And im thankful for all he has offered and given me.

That aside, this sunday was really good! i especially want to tell you about a certain fireside i went today. This beautiful girl was giving a talk about what should be appropriate for men of the priesthood. and there are a few things i want to share with you: Virtue is the most attractive trait in a man. You cant fake it, it is so obvious when you don't have it. I need to be bringing people up rather than putting people down. Sam, one of my roommates comes to mind suddenly. If i work bringing people up i think in turn i will feel better thus be looking better. Also i learned that my appearance is everything, and i got this prompting : "The peacock effect isn't the effect of god". I'm going to try and work out a better look for me and try be more conservative.

I need a mirror moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment